Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Footloose

Footloose (1984)
  • Directed by Herbert Ross (Steel Magnolias, Undercover Blues)
  • Produced by Lewis J. Rachmil, Craig Zadan
  • Starring Kevin Bacon, Lori Singer, Dianne West, John Lithgow
Thoughts!
  • Tractor chicken is pretty awesome.
  • I thought it was interesting how quick the scenes were cut - it helped keep an "up beat" pace.
  • Speaking of which, I think I was expecting this movie to be... uninteresting. I'm not that big a fan of musicals, so the plot of a "big-city kid" bringing dance to a small town sounds a bit silly. But I was wrong. This movie is very entertaining, and I think it really stands the test of time because the themes, ideas, and emotions are so real. It also doesn't hurt that Kevin Bacon and John Lithgow pull off great performances. John Lithgow was awesome.
  • Notable quote #1: "You think he's some bitchin' heat!"
  • Notable quote #2: "Hey! I'll lay you flat!"
  • I'm a fan of out-of-date slang.


(Once you've actually seen Footloose, be sure to check out the Flight of the Concords version of Kevin Bacon's big dance number.)

No comments:

Post a Comment