Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Midnight Run

Midnight Run (1988)
  • Directed by Martin Brest (War Games, Beverly Hills Cop, Meet Joe Black, Gili)
  • Produced by Martin Brest
  • Starring Robert De Niro, Charles Grodin

Thoughts!
  • I did not like this movie. Charles Grodin was sooo annoying, it didn't make sense why De Niro would even give him a chance to speak. I also didn't find the movie that funny. I found it to be, like, 10% comedic even though this is supposed to be a comedy.
  • It's not all bad though! Robert De Niro was pretty great doing his tough guy "I ain't gonna take shit" attitude, and the other bounty hunter, Marvin, added a very interesting element to the film. The scene where they got the cash using the "litmus configuration" was also really cool. But overall... Charles Grodin was too annoying to be funny.
  • It's really weird how I don't find movies like this, Ghostbusters, and The Blues Brothers that funny even though they're considered "comedy classics". I'd attribute it to the fact that the sense of humor back then was different, which could be true, but I think some 80's movies, like Beverly Hills Cop (also directed by Martin Brest), are hilarious! It must be different jokes or something.
Watch the trailer and decide for yourself if it's something you'd like...

No comments:

Post a Comment