Friday, August 19, 2011

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)*
  • Directed by Rupert Wyatt (The Escapist)
  • Produced by Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark, Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver
  • Written by Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver
  • Starring James Franco, Freida Pinto, John Lithgow, Andy Serkis
Thoughts!
  • This movie... is sooo cooool...
  • This was one of my most anticipated movies of the year, oddly enough. The other was Suckerpunch. I'm not exactly sure why I was looking forward to this. Maybe I just like the idea of a bunch of apes wreaking havoc on some unsuspecting humans.
  • Do know that the trailer is a little misleading because it makes it look like apes are the bad guys. But they're not! They just want freedom from the oppressive humans! Even the movie poster makes Ceasar look kinda evil. I would have been fine with evil apes, but the director's choice to make the humans evil is done very well and I think the film is better off for it.
  • I really liked all the references this film makes to the old movies. Spear-throwing and whatnot.
  • Duuuude... that Freida Pinto is like a model....... wait I just looked her up. Apparently she was a model.
  • James Franco was the weakest part of the movie, even though he did a good job. I think I was just too aware of him as a movie star that I didn't find his acting compelling, if that makes sense.
  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes is such a great movie. Not so much in an artsy fartsy way, but in that it has a nice summer blockbuster feel to it similar to it. It's something you go see with your friends and have a good time.
Watching the trailer makes me want to watch it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment